Sam Warburton retired from the game this year through injury. Widely regarded as a fierce competitor and leader he rarely has spoken out about his professional playing career. But earlier this year after admitting he didn’t enjoy 80% of his career this book could well reveal some previously untold stories.
The Wales and British and Irish Lions captain and flanker is about to tell his story, a must-have for any rugby fan.
This book is really a story of a modern day players battle with the game itself at the elite level. Sams recurring battle of injury and rehab crops up throughout his career. The book details over 20 setbacks in his career including the neck and knee problems which ultimately led to him quitting the game this year.
Products from Amazon.co.uk
I have heard Sam detail the point at which he made his decision and that was when jumping on the trampoline was stopping him from enjoying time with his daughter. It was at this point he decided to call time on a career which had tremendous highs but quite a few lows along the way for him.
Sam is a true gent and will go down as a legend of the game especially for his British and Irish Lions performances and leading of those teams.
It’s with great sadness that he didn’t get to make an impact at this World Cup when in his prime, but these things aren’t meant to be. Instead, we can settle down with a beer and have a good read about his story.
- Sam Warburton Autobiography – Open SideSam Warburton releases his much anticipated biography after his retirement from the game this year.
- Adidas Predator Malice Control – RWC 2019 SpecialThe All Black Predator Malice Control boot is another bit of something special to come out of the relationship with … Read more
- Eddie Jones Autobiography – My Life and Rugby – ReviewEddie Jones is one of the biggest figures in rugby, and that was before he took England to a World … Read more
- Friday Night Lights – Toulouse Rumble past GloucesterIf you watched the first half of this game you would think we were in for a classic French defeat … Read more
- England v South Africa – Rugby World Cup Final 2019Now, it pains me as an England fan to have to put this up, but South Africa ran out deserved … Read more